Message from the President
about the Basic Policy for Foreign Compliance
June 1, 2019
Basic Policy for Foreign Compliance
Our Group (which means our company and its subsidiaries) has established the following basic policy in order to prevent bribery of public officials or the like and violations of acts such as a cartel in conducting business in a foreign country. We will promulgate it among officers and employees of our Group and our business partners.
- Our Group will comply with the Japanese Unfair Competition Prevention Act, U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), United Kingdom Bribery Act (UKBA), and other law regulating bribery in the relevant countries; and it will not offer any benefit to foreign public officials or the like in order to obtain profit unlawfully.
- Our Group will comply with the Japanese Anti-Monopoly Act, the U.S. Sherman Act, and any other statutes regulating private monopoly, unfair trading methods, and improper transactions of other relevant countries; and it will conduct business activities in accordance with the principles of fair market competition.
- Our Group will develop the Foreign Compliance Program (the “Program”) under the initiative of top management regarding compliance and risks in overseas business activities, and it will establish and maintain a mechanism to comply with the laws and regulations set forth above through operation of the Program.
- Our Group will include establishment of an internal system to manage and operate the Program, develop a consultation and whistleblowing system, education system, internal audit system, and other systems in the Foreign Compliance Program; and it will make the program effective.
- Our Group will devote management resources necessary to manage and operate the Foreign Compliance Program, and it will evaluate and review the mechanism for the program regularly.
- Our Group will not place an order with any company that violates the laws and regulations set forth above.
April 1, 2016